List of my Ph.D. Graduates
name, dissertation topic, graduation date, last updated contact (year)
email contact .
"Physically-Based Modeling in Nonrigid Motion Analysis",
Chairman, Department of Management Information Science,
Chia-Nan College of Pharmacy and Science,
60, Erh-jen rd., Sec. 1, Jen-Te, Taiwan, Taiwan.
"Nonrigid Motion Analysis under Small Deformations",
August 1994, Associate Professor, Department. of Computer and Information Sciences,
University of Delaware.
"Nonrigid Shape Modeling Schemes",
Member of Technical Staff,
Bell Laboratories (1995)
"The Space Envelope Representation for 3D Scenes" ,
Electrical and Computer Engineering,
"Knowledge-Based Processing of Magnetic Resonance Images
of the Brain" ,
Sr. Software Engineer, Space and Strategic Systems Operation,
Honeywell Inc, Clearwater, FL
"Generic Knowledge-Guided Image Segmentation and
Labeling with Applications" ,
Assistant Professor, Computer Science Department at the
Winona State University, Winona, MN
"Physically-Based Modeling of Nonrigid Motion in Biomechanics Problems" ,
August 1999, currently with NIH.
" Nonrigid Motion Tracking and Structure Reconstruction with Application to
MPEG-4", December 1999, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer and
Information Science, University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth (2007)
- Min Shin,
"Tracking of 3D Nonrigid Motion and Structure using Points and
Curves", August 2001, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer
Science, University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- Jesik Min, ``Improvement of Range Image Segmentation by Utilizing a Performance Evaluation
Framework", August 2002 (with Professor K. Bowyer), postdoctoral
researcher, Department of Computer Science, University of Notre Dame (2005).
- Tong Luo, ”Scaling Up Support Vector
Machines with Application to Plankton Recognition”, May 2005.
Now with Simply Hired (2006)
- Yong Zhang, ”Robust Algorithms for Property
Recovery in Motion Modeling, Medical Imaging and Biometrics”,
August 2005. Department of Computer Science and Information Systems,
Youngstown State University (2007)
- Yuhua Gu, ”Ant Clustering with Consensus”, May 2009 (with L. Hall), now with Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute
- Yan Qiu, ”Temporal Registration of Mammograms by Finite Element Simulation of MR Breast Volume Deformation”, May 2009.
Candamo, ”Boundary Profile Representation for Objects and Their
Surroundings in Outdoor Videos”, August 2009 (with R. Kasturi).
- Vasant Manohar, ”Facial Skin Motion Properties from Video: Modeling and Applications”, December 2009 (with S. Sarkar)
- Valentina Korzhova, "Motion Analysis of Fluid Flow in a Spinning Disk
Reactor", August 2010.
- Vidya Kamath, "Enhancing gene expression signatures in cancer prediction
models: Understanding and managing classification complexity", December 2010
(with S. Eschrich).
- Kurt Kramer, "System for Identifying Plankton from the SIPPER Instrument
Platform", December 2010 (with L. Hall).
- Jing Zhang, ”Extraction of Text Objects in Image and Video
Documents”, May 2012 (with R. Kasturi).
- Sergiy Fefilatyev, ”Algorithms for Visual Marine
Surveillance with Rapidly Moving Camera”, May 2012
- Matthew Shreve, "Facial Expression Spotting and Applications", August
- Mu Zhou, "Knowledge Discovery and Predictive Modeling from Brain Tumor
MRIs", May 2015 (with L. Hall)
- Baishali Chaudhuri, "The Use of Textural Kinetics to Mine Diagnostic
Information from DCE MR Images of Breast Tumors", May 2015 (with L. Hall)
02 December, 2015